Players Duties and Responsibilities
The players are selected by the coach. It is important that players observe the guidelines
established by the Club, League and State Associations
The player will...
- Always shake hands with the opposition and officials following games,regardless of the result
- Train and play to the best of my ability
- Have a positive attitude and never quit
- Win without boasting and exemplify sportsmanship
- Respect officials and accept their decisions without question
- Only give positive encouragement to fellow teammates
- Arrive prepared for all games and training sessions, i.e. proper mental attitude and equipment
- Respect my coach, teammates and opponents
- Learn and obey the Laws of the Game, the team and the club
- Practice soccer skills and condition on my own
- Notify the coach or team manager if I will be tardy for or unable to make a practice game or meeting
Further the player will never...
- Will not speak to the officials except when prompted to do so.
- Allow my enthusiasm and commitment for soccer to override by responsibilities to my education
- Use profane or vulgar language
- Use a controlled substance unless prescribed by a physician
- Leave the field or a session without the permission of the coach
- Disregard any instructions of my coach
- Forget that I represent the Gulf Coast Texans Soccer Club