Coach’s Duties and Responsibilities
The coach is hired by the DOC and approved by the Club. The coach has the sole responsibility for coaching the team, which includes:
- Selecting a team manager and approving any parental team support
- Selecting and deleting players from the team
- Determining tactics and formations
- Determining playing positions
- Determining playing time
- Determining times for training sessions
- Establishing and implementing training techniques and times in accordance with the format developed by the Director of Coaching
- Recruiting players within the State Association guidelines
- Selecting tournaments in which the team will play with the recommendation of the DOC
- Secure substitute coach, with the guidance of the DOC, if for any reason the coach is unable
to attend a game/practice
- Ensure that uniform policy is enforced for practice and games
- Be available to parents to discuss players
- Keep good communication with the manager regarding team finances
In addition, the coach will:
- Lead by example
- Be ultimately responsible for the team regarding the enforcement of all club and team policies, procedures, rules, regulations, including the philosophy of the Club.
- Attend all scheduled club coaches meetings, including special meetings called by the Director of Coaching.
- At no time, handle any team or club funds, including the maintenance of bank accounts or accounting records.