2012-2013 Parent-Player Guide
Pensacola Futbol Club's select program is affiliated with the Dallas Texans Soccer Club, rated the #1 Soccer Program in the country by Soccer America magazine. Our select level teams, from ages U11‐U18, are known as the Gulf Coast Texans (GCT).
Our philosophy and commitment to player development is to:
• Promote the game of soccer.
• Create an environment in which players can reach their full potential and achieve the self‐confidence and
positive selfesteem necessary to be successful both on and off the soccer field.
• Develop individual skills and team tactics to enable players and/or teams to compete at the state, regional, and national level.
• Assist college bound players in obtaining scholarships.
• We believe in the graduated development of soccer skills through exceptional coaching and advanced techniques. We have an aggressive drive for victory; yet seek to accomplish this goal within the proper framework ‐‐ by instilling character and sportsmanship within the youth athlete. Realization by all that soccer remains only a game is an inherent aspect of the philosophy of the Club that must always be recognized
GULF COAST TEXANS WILL:
1. Provide professional training for the duration of the 2012-2013 seasonal year (August ‐ May for U11‐U14 Players; Aug ‐ Mid October & Mid February ‐ May for U15‐U18 players.
2. Offer optional playing and training activities (at additional cost) during the off season.
3. Foster and develop players’ individual skills and character on and off the field.
4. Develop and assess the skills and qualifications of each coach.
GULF COAST TEXANS WILL:
1 Make all playing time decisions.
2 Be responsible for training session curriculum and game line ups.
3 Communicate effectively with the team’s manager regarding team related business and/or issues that may arise affecting the team.
4 Be responsible for calling and presiding over team meetings.
5 Be on time for all meetings, training sessions, and games.
6 Communicate team goals and progress with team families during the season.
7 Communicate individual player progress and development to the individual player and their family during the season.
THE GULF COAST TEXANS PLAYER WILL:
1. Complete the on‐line registration process. ( www.gulfcoasttexans.com )
2. Attend all scheduled training sessions and games. Excused absences due to illness, family functions, or school activities shall be communicated to the team’s coach and/or manager ahead of time and arrangements made to make up missed training sessions.
3. Report to games a minimum of 45 minutes prior to official game start, dressed in Club uniform, shin guards, and soccer shoes. Players must also bring their soccer ball and sufficient water to games.
4. Report to training sessions on time, dressed in Club training uniform, shin guards, and soccer shoes. Players must bring their soccer ball and sufficient water to training sessions.
5. Be attentive, cooperative and respectful to coaches, officials, and teammates and expend full effort for the duration of each training session and each game.
6. Not use alcohol, tobacco or drugs.
7. Not use profanity.
8. Strive to conduct him/herself in a manner so as to avoid yellow and red cards.
9. Communicate with their coach about questions or concerns relative to their participation in the team, or the team itself.
THE GULF COAST TEXANS PARENTS WILL:
1. Assist the development of players’ individual decision‐making abilities by not offering instructions from the sidelines during training and games.
2. Support their player in a positive manner.